Friday, August 5, 2011

Catching Up

Lately, I have been finding myself wishing I didn't need sleep to survive. Seriously. I could get so much done. Life with two kids is definitely busy... thank God for coffee and grandparents.

When I am passionate about something, it is almost all I can think about. I have a hard time waiting for things to happen and want everything to be perfect right away. This has been my challenge with photography. I wanted to know everything, take amazing pictures and have the perfect studio from the very beginning. I soon realized this was impossible and have been forced to slow down and take everything one step at a time. It's been such a learning experience with lots of trial and error.  This can be frustrating but also very rewarding. I learn something new at every single shoot.

Lately, I have been working to improve my in-home studio. Not only will this make for better photos, it will also make for a happier family (moving everything from the living room into the dining room each time I had a shoot was getting a little old for all of us)! Eventually, I'd love to have a studio outside of my home, but for now I've decided to make this work and am excited about the changes I've made so far (I'll post photos soon). I also received my new camera and lens in the mail and am very impressed with the quality of pictures I've been able to achieve.

Getting caught up...
here are a couple of shoots I did right before and right after Ian was born... more adorable baby boys!

William and his big sister Eva


Tate



No comments:

Post a Comment